Signs Of Antifreeze Poisoning In Cats?

Signs Of Antifreeze Poisoning In Cats? Antifreeze (Ethylene Glycol). This is a very dangerous thing. If your cat licks even half the teaspoon then your cat can even die. In this blog, we will discuss How can you take care of this situation? And what can you give your cat as first aid? And how can you diagnose them?

What Is Ethylene Glycol?

Signs of Antifreeze Poisoning In Cats?

Ethylene Glycol is used in many things, especially in detergents or any oil used in automobiles and things which are used to clean cars, and cosmetic items, and is also present in paints. You must keep your cat away from such stuff as it is very dangerous for them.

What Are Signs Of Antifreeze Poisoning In Cats?

Drooling

In the first 24 to 48 hours, there will be drooling. Drooling in such a way that your cat will start to fall and won’t be able to stand properly.

Vomiting

Apart from this depression can happen, and the cat can vomit severely. And the cat would behave unconscious and the moment won’t remain proper.

This thing gets a lot confused with a nervous sign. They are nervous signs. But, the nervous signs appear in a lot of sicknesses and this thing can relate a lot to that. It’s very difficult to diagnose this. The kidney of your pet can also fail and the appetite would decrease.

ALSO READ -   Are Daffodils Poisonous For Cats? | Is Daffodils Kills Cats?

Dehydration

It is also possible that the animal would not eat at all and dehydration can happen to your pet. Another possible situation is if your pet drinks water then it will urinate a lot.

How Can You Diagnose This?

Signs of Antifreeze Poisoning In Cats?

Diagnosis can be done based on kidney tests, and via blood CP, it is possible to find how much the kidneys are affected, or from ‘X-Ray’ we can check how much issue is present in the kidney.

What Are The Treatments of Anti-freeze In Cats?

Signs of Antifreeze Poisoning In Cats?

If we talk about the treatment then there is prevention, in the beginning, to stop the kidney from being damaged. Which Fluids are given to maintain dehydration so that the animal does not get dehydrated?

Then there is a treatment that can be done in the first 2 hours i.e by using activated charcoal. You can consider this as the antidote for ethylene glycol.

It is very difficult to find this but it is considered as an antidote. If you think your cat has eaten any such thing, then you must immediately run to the vet and tell them the whole situation. Do take the label with you so that the doctor can get to know what has your cat licked.

At this, the treatment can be done accordingly.

In Antifreeze Poisoning, Why Immediate Treatment Is Necessary?

Immediate treatment of every disease is very necessary. If the treatment is not done immediately then there are severe chances of kidney damage and your cat can even die. I always pray that your animals always remain safe and healthy but it’s a fact that if you don’t do the treatment immediately then your pets can even risk their lives.

ALSO READ -   Will Cats Eat Dog Food For A Day? | Can Dog Food Is Harmful For Cat?

Also, Read Are Daffodils Poisonous For Cats? | Are Daffodils Kill Cats?

Conclusion

Prevention is a better thing to control every accidental thing. As for prevention, you must keep everything which is dangerous for cat away from your animal. Try to leave her in such a place where there are no such things.

If there is paint going on in your home or you washing your car or if you’re cleaning your home and you’re using any detergent then try to keep your cat away from you in a specific area so that she won’t be able to lick anything.

I always pray that your pet always remains healthy.

0 0 votes
Article Rating
Subscribe
Notify of
guest

0 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
0
Would love your thoughts, please comment.x
()
x
Scroll to Top